Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fun Packs for All

Fun Packs? What are Fun Packs?? Well, simply put, they are packs of FUN! The purpose of a fun pack is to help someone get through a long day. It works great and is very thoughtful. Try it!


Here are the steps to making a Fun Pack for your loved one:

Number 1: Writing down what they like.
If it's a daughter/son, write down what makes them happy from their childhood or what makes them relax after a long day such as cookies. If it's a mother/father, write down what they might need to constantly remind them how much you love them, i.e. a hand-drawn card with a heartfelt message inside or one of those singing cards (because everyone loves them). If it's a lover/spouse, write down things that they love to do and have fun with. Basically, the idea here is to know the person and what would be appropriate in their Fun Pack.

Number 2: Getting a box or a bag.
Boxes and bags are great holders of the items. Decorating them with pictures of you and that person work as well. The size depends entirely on you (and your list, of course). It can range from a TastyKake box to a box used for moving. It's all up to you.

Number 3: Acquiring the items.
It's as it's stated. Go forth and grab those items!

Number 4: Putting them in the box or bag.
Simple as that. However, there are ways you can put it in. I tend to put the very very good chocolates on the bottom because I want to savor them after the other chocolates. At the same time, I always put the Well Done card on top because it reminds me of where I am and the people supporting me before I dig in.

Number 5: Giving the Fun Pack to the person.
It could be for a special occasion or just to say you care. It doesn't matter! A Fun Pack is a way of making someone's day! Give it to them as soon as possible and you made the person's day great!



Some back story: I am a freshman at Drexel University (Go Dragons!) and as a undergraduate engineer, I have many times where I am stressed and need to relax. The summer before I left for Philadelphia, I came up with the idea of making a fun pack for whenever I was down or stressed. So I got a Tastykake box and started filling it with things I like which included: M&M's, Tootsie Rolls, Hershey's Kisses and Chocolate Bar, Belgium chocolates, Dove chocolates, pictures of my boyfriend and a Well Done card given to me at graduation. I still find that looking at the fun pack relaxes me because I know I have something that makes me really happy when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment